Posted in: Afghanistan. Tagged: Afghanistan, Anthony Albanese, Australia, Australian Federal Government, Bible, Christianity, Faith, Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/YouTube, Islam, Islam Muslims, Islamists, Labor Party, Life, Murderer, News, Political, Politics, Prime Minister, religion, Taliban, truth, Truth/Lies, Twitter. Leave a comment
‘ISLAMABAD (AP) — Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers on Sunday began enforcing an order requiring all female TV news anchors in the country to cover their faces while on-air. The move is part of a hard-line shift drawing condemnation from rights activists.
After the order was announced Thursday, only a handful of news outlets complied. But on Sunday, most female anchors were seen with their faces covered after the Taliban’s Vice and Virtue Ministry began enforcing the decree.
The Information and Culture Ministry previously announced that the policy was “final and non-negotiable.”
“It is just an outside culture imposed on us forcing us to wear a mask and that can create a problem for us while presenting our programs,” said Sonia Niazi, a TV anchor with TOLOnews. In an act of solidarity with female colleagues, the channel’s male personnel covered their faces with masks, including the main evening news reader.
A local media official confirmed his station had received the order last week but on Sunday it was forced to implement it after being told it was not up for discussion. He spoke on condition he and his station remain anonymous for fear of retribution from Taliban authorities.
During the Taliban’s last time in power in Afghanistan from 1996-2001, they imposed overwhelming restrictions on women, requiring them to wear the all-encompassing burqa and barring them from public life and education.
After they seized power again in August, the Taliban initially appeared to have moderated somewhat their restrictions, announcing no dress code for women. But in recent weeks, they have made a sharp, hard-line pivot that has confirmed the worst fears of rights activists and further complicated Taliban dealings with an already distrustful international community.
Earlier this month, the Taliban ordered all women in public to wear head-to-toe clothing that leaves only their eyes visible. The decree said women should leave the home only when necessary and that male relatives would face punishment for women’s dress code violations, starting with a summons and escalating to court hearings and jail time.
The Taliban leadership has also barred girls from attending school after the sixth grade, reversing previous promises by Taliban officials that girls of all ages would be allowed an education.’https://www.cp24.com/world/taliban-enforcing-face-cover-order-for-female-tv-anchors-1.5914315
No, the feminist’s only have a problem with Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
‘Multiculturalism is meeting reality once again as Afghan refugees are making their presence known in the countries that welcomed them, and the fun is just beginning. One place that has experienced the richness and vibrance of diversity is Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, which is a popular vacation spot. It’s easy to see why: It’s on the Yorkshire Coast in a beautiful area, and when its architecturally stunning Grand Hotel was built in 1867, it was the largest hotel in Europe. The hotel still boasts numerous attractions. It is described on Tripadvisor as “one of the town’s landmark features and instantly recognisable on the skyline,” taking “pride of place overlooking the town’s harbour and South Bay.” The description continues: “Our location is ideal in Scarborough from which to enjoy beautiful sandy beaches, promenade walks and all that Scarborough has to offer, all within a short stroll away. LIVE entertainment is available every night with our dazzling cabaret shows featuring professional dancers and entertainers dressed in stunning costumes.” A newer feature of the hotel, however, 200 Afghan evacuees, has quickly changed perceptions of the hotel. The staff, when confronted with complaints, called the complainers “racist.” But that’s an all-purpose objection nowadays, so frequently employed as to be emptied of all meaning. It’s clear that hotel guests at the Grand Hotel had plenty to complain about.
One of the hotel’s recent guests wrote:
Stayed in the hotel while working away contracting in East Yorkshire
I caught scabies and can only presume it was from this filthy hell hole
Also caught a man deficating [sic] into a carrier bag !
What the hell is going on in this hotel.
I would not stay ever again!!
What a shame that the government would do this to a seaside town
As revolting as it is, that bit about the carrier bag shouldn’t surprise anyone. The Wall Street Journal recently noted that new Afghan arrivals at Fort McCoy in Wisconsin were “confused and upset by hygiene practices. Every toilet on base was Western style, with a seat and toilet paper. But a number of Afghans are accustomed to restrooms that allow them to squat so they don’t have to physically touch the toilet. It led to some cases of Afghans relieving themselves outside.” And into carrier bags at the Grand Hotel Scarborough.’https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/10/afghan-refugees-were-placed-in-a-popular-vacation-hotel-heres-what-happened
‘The chairman of a Grantham football club says that he has been backed by the team’s supporters’ group after he claimed that refugees staying in the town were “roaming the streets” for drugs.
A meeting of Grantham Town’s supporters’ club on Saturday, September 25, met to vote on a statement that would have asked the team’s chairman, Darren Ashton, to apologise for his comment and to retract it.
But the group has confirmed to Lincolnshire Live that the statement was not backed because it felt that it would be “inappropriate” to comment whilst the FA were investigating the matter.
The investigation also meant that the supporters’ group didn’t want to offer any further comment to Lincolnshire Live.
Mr Ashton claimed that only two people in the meeting voted in favour of the statement, and that the supporters’ group has around 300 members, although he does not know how many were in attendance at the meeting as he wasn’t able to attend.
A representative from the supporters’ group told Lincolnshire Live that the number of members was in fact 113.
The Urban Hotel on Swingbridge Road in Grantham is currently home to refugees from Afghanistan after the British Government pledged to take in 20,000 refugees from the landlocked country over the next five years following the recent withdrawal of British troops.
In a tweet posted about this on the evening of Thursday, September 9, Mr Ashton said: “True story, I’m the chairman of Grantham Town, and we had one of our players staying there on a long-term agreement.
“Last Friday they informed him he had to be out by Monday. No consideration for an 18-year-old lad away from his family and friends trying to make a career for himself.”
He then posted a further tweet in the conversation, which read: “Those refugees are as we speak roaming the streets of Grantham trying to get drugs.”
Mr Ashton then tweeted again on Friday morning saying: “It would appear I upset a few people last night with some of my responses to there [sic] messages.
“I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to absolutely NO ONE. Good day to you all.”
Speaking to Lincolnshire Live following the result of the supporters’ group meeting being announced, Mr Ashton said: “A massive majority voted in my favour which I’m very happy about because a lot of people have misrepresented what I said.”
Mr Ashton says that he didn’t single out Afghan refugees in particular, as he claimed that refugees of other nationalities are staying at the hotel.
He said: “All along I’ve asked for people to point exactly to something I’ve said which was racist and they can’t.
“I have already said that the way I worded the tweets was a bit poor and I’ve apologised for that side of things, but I’m a council lad who hasn’t got a degree like most other people so sometimes my wording is poor.
“But I won’t apologise for the actual content of what I said because I’m not a racist, and I’m not right-wing as some people have said.
“What I’ve learnt during this process is that if you happen to disagree with someone who is on the left, then you are labelled right-wing.”
Lincolnshire Live understands the national FA have now taken up the investigation into 45-year-old Mr Ashton, who is from Sheffield.
Mr Ashton added: “As far as I’m aware the FA investigation is not football related because the lads are still being paid and the academy is going well.
“We’ve got all ethnicities and nationalities working at the club and I invested £60,000 of my own money last year, and again this year.
“Doing this job is a thankless task, and I get calls from reporters such as yourselves ringing me up when I could be doing other things, but I don’t mind it and I will stand strong on this.”‘https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-back-chairman-lincolnshire-football-5971622
Sleepy ‘Old Joe Biden has become notorious for only answering scripted questions from preselected reporters, as he did again Thursday when the feeble and weary president said, “Ladies and gentlemen, they gave me a list here,” and then referred to “the first person I was instructed to call on.” Likewise notorious has been his consistent practice, particularly at press conferences regarding Afghanistan, of turning his back and leaving a roomful of reporters shouting questions. And so it was no great surprise Friday when Biden said during his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett: “I’m not gonna take any questions, because of the prime minister being here, on, uh, Afghanistan now, but I’ll be available at another time.” When?
After all, this is the president who on July 2 said this in response to questions about Afghanistan: “I want to talk about happy things, man. Look, it’s Fourth of July. I’m concerned that you’re asking me questions that I will answer next week, but it’s the holiday weekend. I’m going to celebrate it. There’s great things happening.”
Nearly two months and several massive disasters in Afghanistan later, the Biden administration still seems to want to focus on happy things and avoid unpleasant questions. On Saturday, as Bryan Preston has noted, Biden’s handlers refused to release the names of the two “high-profile” Islamic State jihadis who were supposedly killed in the recent American drone strike. Why would the administration withhold such information from the public? This kind of unnecessary secrecy has only invited speculation that there was no drone strike at all, or that it failed, and that Biden’s handlers concocted the whole thing in order to give the appearance of decisiveness in the wake of the catastrophe in Kabul.
Amid all this stonewalling, Biden’s handlers released a statement in the president’s name Saturday, depicting Biden as saying: “This morning, I met with my national security team in Washington and my commanders in the field. We discussed the strike that U.S. forces took last night against the terrorist group ISIS-K in Afghanistan. I said we would go after the group responsible for the attack on our troops and innocent civilians in Kabul, and we have. This strike was not the last. We will continue to hunt down any person involved in that heinous attack and make them pay. Whenever anyone seeks to harm the United States or attack our troops, we will respond. That will never be in doubt. I thanked General McKenzie for his leadership of that mission, and for his commitment to the safety of our troops in Afghanistan.”
Well, great, Joe. Now: Who were those ISIS guys your strike took out?’https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/08/biden-ducks-questions-on-afghanistan-yet-again
Socialist Left leaning ‘New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has attracted international criticism after her government announced $3 million in humanitarian aid for Afghanistan.
The money has been promised to the Red Cross and the United Nations Refugee Agency in Afghanistan. Shortly after, the Taliban went on social media to praise Ardern and the New Zealand government for sending them the money.’https://www.rebelnews.com/taliban_thank_new_zealand_for_3_million_in_aid?utm_campaign=rb_8_24_21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel
With the release of what is known as the Brereton Report Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has gone on record saying that some of those within the Australian SAS are responsible for some “disturbing and distressing” war crimes. It is also reported that Morrison has already apologized to the Afghan government and is ready to pay compensation to Afghan families for these alleged war crimes all before any trial has even been set!
The fighting in Afghanistan has been the longest of any Australia has ever participated in. Why Australia or the USA is really there no one truly knows! I believe this conflict exists ONLY because it makes a LOT of money for some while costing the lives of others.
Why is it, if Islam is such a religion of peace, there are so many wars going on in those nations dominated by Islam!? Also, why do Western nations poke their noses into Islamic wars that are not theirs and that they cannot or will not win? As I said earlier these conflicts make a LOT of MONEY for some while taking the lives of many others!
In spite of the fact that many Australians have lost their lives in a conflict that has nothing to do with their everyday life back here in Australia it comes as no real surprise that many Australian Muslims are pleased with Morrison and his confession of these supposed war crimes and the promise that compensation will be paid and those Australians responsible will be punished.
Yes, the Religion of Peace through the Islamic Council of Victoria ‘…welcomes the release of the long-awaited Brereton Report and urges timely prosecution of the alleged perpetrators.
It has taken many years to get to this point, a watershed moment no doubt in Australia’s military history, but justice for the families of the victims will only be fulfilled when those accused of these heinous crimes are prosecuted.
The ICV has consulted the leaders of its Afghan member societies and whilst having confidence in the Australian justice system, they were anxious that every effort must be made, and no expense spared, to bring the accused to trial in the shortest possible timeframe.
Sharing those concerns, ICV President Mohamed Mohideen said “It is true that justice delayed is justice denied. The victims have families that have lost their son, husband or father. They are still grieving.”
Beyond the horrific findings of the 39 alleged murders at the hands of Australian soldiers, we must ask why the warning signs were ignored. We must ask how the culture of covering up such behaviour was allowed to fester, where was the accountability? How did the chain of command break down so badly?
“How can we be sure that other abuses have not taken place in Afghanistan or other locations where Australian forces have served?” asks Mr Mohideen. “The Australian Government has an obligation to ensure that there are mechanisms to properly handle and investigate complaints and adequate protection is provided for whistle-blowers” continued Mohideen.
The leaders of the Afghan member societies believe that the families of the victims should be consulted regarding compensation, and that this process should commence immediately. And like many in the community, they are angered that some of the accused have been allowed to continue serving.
When compared with the callous refusal by the Americans and British and others to investigate potential war crimes committed by their forces in Afghanistan, Australia’s response stands out.
The Australian Government should strongly encourage our allies to do as we have done. This will go some way to repairing Australia’s international reputation.’https://www.icv.org.au/media-release-justice-must-be-served-for-the-people-of-afghanistan/