From the Left of Centre online news source at news.com.au “THERE were wild scenes in Parliament today as around 30 protesters shut down Question Time for around half an hour.
Paramedics were called after the activists glued themselves to a rail in the public gallery, chanting, “Close the camps!”, “You are all complicit!” and “Your politics is killing people!”
Screaming activists were pinned to the ground by officials and dragged away, although the sticky situation dragged on as security struggled to detach those more firmly glued to the balustrade.
The group apparently behind the disruption, the Whistleblowers, Activists and Citizens Alliance (WACA), tweeted: “We’ve shut down Parliament.”
Speaker Tony Smith suspended proceedings until all the protesters were eventually removed just after 2.30pm. Guards had to use hand sanitiser to peel them off the rail.” http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/question-time-suspended-over-protests/news-story/d98b916a21959ee9462312b4ce06d41e
“Do what I want or I’ll glue myself to something!” Very mature thinking!
“Fidel Castro’s recent death evoked conflicting assessments of his legacy from world leaders, but college students are no more prepared than prime ministers to justify their support for the Cuban dictator.
President-Elect Donald Trump, for example, referred to Castro as a “brutal dictator,” whereas Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called him a “remarkable leader.”
In order to gauge millennial feelings on the passing of the authoritarian Cuban leader, Campus Reform asked students at American University which political figure they viewed more favorably: Castro or Trump.”
While several students identified the repressive elements of Castro’s regime, such as jailing and murdering his political opponents, few were willing to say that this made them view him less favorably than Donald Trump.” http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8455
Can you tell this guy is HAPPY Donald Trump is President-elect?!
This is disgusting! Where will this poor family move? If you can help, please send your gift to Wells Fargo, Washington DC and make sure you note it is for the poor African American family Trump is evicting from the home they have had for eight years! Disgustingly racist!
by Judith Bergman • November 10, 2016 at 5:00 am
- “Now that Islamophobia has been condemned, this is not the end, but rather the beginning.” — Samer Majzoub, president of the Canadian Muslim Forum. Majzoub is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.
- What exactly are they condemning? Criticism of Islam? Criticism of Muslims? Debating Mohammed? Depicting Mohammed? Discussing whether ISIS is a true manifestation of Islam? Is any Canadian who now writes critically of Islam or disagrees with the petitioners that ISIS “does not reflect in any way the values or the teachings of the religion of Islam” now to be considered an “Islamophobe”?
- The question, naturally, is whether Canada’s motion will be replicated in other parliaments in the West. The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is particularly active in Europe, having opened a Permanent Observer Mission to the European Union in 2013.
- In what parallel universe can the efforts of the OIC to stifle free speech possibly be considered advancement of freedom of speech and religion?
- As the OIC steps up its media campaign and efforts in Europe, European parliaments are likely to experience initiatives like the petition in Canada. The European Union, for one, looks as if it would be to happy facilitate such a motion.”
“On October 26, Canada’s parliament unanimously passed an anti-Islamophobia motion, which was the result of a petition initiated by Samer Majzoub, president of the Canadian Muslim Forum.”