The New South Wales government must not know that before 2020 we had the freedom of movement. That means one could travel anywhere in New South Wales. That also meant they could go to work without being asked anything concerning their medical history. Well, since the China virus that FREEDOM is gone. Now we have this.
Greater freedoms for fully vaccinated people
From the Monday 11 October 2021, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to have:
- 10-visitor limit in your home
- access Gyms, indoor recreation and sporting facilities
- group bookings of up to 20 people in hospitality settings.
All premises will operate at 1 person per 4sqm indoors and 1 person per 2sqm outdoors.
People under the age of 16 who are not fully vaccinated are allowed unaccompanied in their workplaces and all outdoor settings, but must be with a fully vaccinated member of their household in hospitality venues (unless collecting takeaways), entertainment facilities,
major recreation facilities and places of worship, unless they work at the venue.
For settings in regional NSW with vaccination requirements for staff and customers, staff can return to work on 11 October if they have had at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, but must be fully vaccinated by 1 November 2021.
Masks and QR codes
- Masks required for all staff and customers in all indoor settings including on public transport, planes and in airports (except children under the age of 12).
- Masks no longer required in outdoor settings (except for front-of-house hospitality staff).
- COVID Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination required for staff and customers.
Visiting family and friends
- Up to 10 visitors allowed in your home at any one time (visitor limits don’t apply for children under the age of 12).
- Small outdoor gatherings and recreation permitted with up to 30 people (2-person limit for people who are not fully vaccinated).
- Visitors to residents in aged care facilities and disability homes permitted in line with their policies.’https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/70-percent
Get the idea now? Our freedoms are only what the government deems us to have. So, the question for me is will we ever get those freedoms back? Once taken freedom is very seldom given back.