What has become known as ‘Progressive Christianity’ is just another wiles, tricks or schemes of the Devil. The born-again believer is admonished to ‘Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil‘.
A church in Nashville that once held evangelical Bible beliefs has through one pastor moved into the so-called ‘Progressive Christianity’. http://media.prophecytoday.com/PT_Daily/headline.mp3
‘The GracePointe community is leading the theological development and practice of progressive Christianity. This is at the core of what makes us distinct, and is far from a simple label change for a modern repackaging of traditional beliefs. Although Progressive Christianity defies specific doctrines, here is a helpful explanation from ProgressiveChristianity.org. By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who:
- Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life.
- Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey.
- Seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to: Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics, believers and agnostics, women and men, those of all sexual orientations and gender identities, those of all classes and abilities.
- Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe.
- Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes.
- Strive for peace and justice among all people.
- Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth.
- Commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.’https://www.gracepointe.net/about-us
This is NOT Bible Christianity and will only lead those in it to hell.
Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 2Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.