The nutsos continue to have great influence in Federal and state governments here in Australia. Yes, ‘Children face various struggles growing up. Every parent knows that. It’s never plain sailing all the way to adulthood.
And now, a dangerous Bill before the ACT Legislative Assembly on Thursday threatens to make it a criminal offence for a Christian parent to help a child deal with questions of gender and sexuality in a godly and biblical way. The police may bring criminal charges, carrying a maximum of 12 months imprisonment.
Under the Sexual and Gender Identity Conversion Practices Bill 2020 it will be an offence to engage in activity that appears to be for the purpose of changing someone’s gender identity or sexual orientation.
Legal advice on the Bill received reveals that:
- Parents who counsel their 5-year-old boy that he is a boy, despite the boy saying that he wants to be a girl, could be subject to criminal proceedings.
- Teachers who treat the same gender-confused boy as a boy, in accordance with parents’ wishes, could also be subject to a criminal charge.
- Schools set up with a religious ethos and teaching that there are only two genders could be at risk of being investigated by the ACT Human Rights Commission for conducting ‘conversion therapy’ practices.
- Preachers teaching a biblically orthodox view of sexuality could be exposed to a conversion practice complaint.
- Pastors who counsel any members of their congregations over unwanted same-sex attraction could be reported under the Act.
More detail is contained in this legal advice received from The Human Rights Law Alliance.’https://www.acl.org.au/cm_act_gcb?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=enews%20200818&utm_content=enews%20200818+CID_d34adb9f7f68549819c3597cc99d380a&utm_source=CreateSend&utm_term=proposed%20in%20the%20ACT