The New South Wales (NSW) Coalition government is supposedly a conservative government but what this government does or allows certainly shows it to be anything but conservative. In education the NSW government has dropped the ball. For instance ‘As society changes, the issues we face in early childhood change. Things we may have never thought of impacting on our work, now do. Things like sexuality and gender.
Our services are now working with children who identify with a different gender, with same sex parents, with openly gay and lesbian educators. And, importantly how we deal with these issues are part of the National Quality Standard!
But how do we learn about them? We now know a lot more about gender and sexuality than we probably did when you studied at Uni or TAFE. But, till now, there has never been a course where you could learn about things such as:
• how to do inclusion right for children and families of all genders and sexualities
• what the I in LGBTI+ actually means
• unknowing discrimination of children and families
• rainbow families
• heterosexual, lesbian, and, gay educators
But now there is.
‘My friend has 2 mums’: exploring gender and sexuality in early education and care, is the course you need to learn all the things you’ve wondered about.
The best things about this course?
1. It’s inexpensive. Only $220 for the whole course.
2. You can do it from home. You will receive access to 13 videos to watch, readings, practical tasks, and Dr Red Ruby Scarlet’s ongoing support via Zoom meetings to talk you through the topic areas and to answer any questions.
3. You can fit it in. The course is available to you for 12 months to watch at your leisure.
4. It’s delivered by subject matter experts. People like Professor Kerry Robinson, Anthony Semann, Nana Miss Koori – 13 different presentations in all.
5. It’s practical. It will relate to your service, your role, your children, your colleagues, now.
6. It’s NESA approved. If you are a NSW teacher you receive 20 hours accredited training for this one course.
7. It’s a MutiVerse course. It’s been developed by Dr Red Ruby Scarlet so it will be fun, lively, colourful, and practice driven.’ https://multiverse.com.au/my-friend-has-two-mums/
Are these the things a normal parent would wish to have taught to their child/ren? If your not just a bit angry at what you have read above then quit reading. There is NOTHING quality about what this course is teaching. Where are the politicians?
However, if you are disturbed then look at number 6 again. The above course is approved by NSW Education Standards (NESA)! So what is the NESA? Well, in NSW teacher’s must be accredited by the NESA! ‘As a teacher or principal you are required to be accredited. It is your responsibility to ensure that you continue to hold active accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) in order to remain employed.’ https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/nesa-accreditation#:~:text=Accreditation%20Authority%20(TAA)-,NSW%20Education%20Standards%20Authority%20Accreditation%20(NESA),Education%20Standards%20Authority%20(NESA).
How can one have confidence in the NESA? You cannot! However, this article is long enough for now but I will be coming back to this issue. The NSW Coalition government MUST wake up and quit funding these type of PC Marxist Loony Gender Questioning so called teacher education courses!!!!